Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Blessings Of Bismillah

Assalamoalaikum,

As muslims, one of the first things we often learn is Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim. Following the practice of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) and his Household (Ahlul Bayt), Muslims begin with the name of Allah before doing anything.

The most important and biggest example is the fact that Bismillah occurs at the head of every chapter (surah) in the Holy Qur'an, with the exception of the 9th chapter, Surah al-Baraa'at (also called Surah al-Tawbah).

The Arabic way of writing Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim:

The Meaning of Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim:

  "In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate".

The importance and virtues of Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim:

The Devil:

“ I fallowed a child that was on it’s way to home. When the child opened the door of his house, he did not say “Bismillah”! This meant that I could enter the house with the child.

When the child started to eat his supper, he did not say ‘’Bismillah’’ This meant that I could eat a long with the child, because again he did not mention the name of Allah (swt)! I am so happy!!!’’

The child was not paying attentions to his actions and did not mention the name of Allah (swt) when he entered the house. This way the devil got the opportunity to enter the house and eat a long.

The Devil:

“The next day I fallowed another child that was on it’s way to home. When the child reached the door of his house and reached to open it he said “Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim” OH NO!! I could not enter the house any more, because the house because a prohibited area for me!

Then the child sat down for supper and he again said “Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim” before starting his supper! OH NO!! Now I can not eat a long with him!’’

Because the child was attentive of his actions and had made a habit of saying “Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim”  before everything he did, he did not give the devil a chance of participating in any of his actions. This way what ever he did was blessed by Allah (swt) and he was protected from the harms of the devil.

As a Muslim it is very essential then we start our every new action with ‘’ Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim’’ This way we will make sure that the devil does not get the chance to participate and join or actions.

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim

Allah is the first thing I say,
And full of faith I say,
Every night when I go to bed and
Every morning when I wake up:
Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.

When eating and when drinking,
When opening my book,
When doing my job or homework,
When I start to do anything new,
I say: Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.

When I say Bismillah,
And focus towards Allah,
I focus towards my Lord,
Then my heart gets stronger,
And I know what to say,
Because it is Allah (swt) who is holding my hand!


So make it a habit of saying Bismillah, before starting anything so that Allah (swt) blesses your action and helps you accomplish things in life!


0 comments:

Post a Comment